Designed and built to the same high standards as Briggs’ larger models, the R18, R24, R30 and R40 mounted booms allow a lane spacing of 18 – 48 metres (other widths in between those shown are available on request).
For ease of operation the booms are transported on the reel and a fixed hydraulic lift system has been developed to transport the booms safely.
All models give accurate and uniform water distribution under a wide range of conditions, with a controlled droplet size to match the crop.
The booms operate at low pressure (0.6 – 4 bar) and can apply from 14 to 50 cubic metres per hour.
- Uniform water application gives far more even crop growth compared to raingun systems.
- Using a Briggs boom can reduce water consumption by 20% compared with rainguns.
- High flow rates allow faster retraction enabling large areas to be covered in less time.
- Controlled droplet size reduces soil damage. Large droplets can be selected to reduce drift while fine droplets can be used to minimise damage to very delicate crops.
- Reduced impact from small droplets also reduces soil capping and soil erosion.
- Low pressure operation helps reduce pumping costs and puts less strain on the pipeline.