Designed and built to the same high standards as Briggs’ larger models, the R46/35, R46/40 and R46/46 mounted booms allow a lane spacing of 35 – 66 metres.
For ease of operation the booms are transported on the hosereel and a fixed hydraulic lift system has been developed to transport the booms safely.
All models give accurate and uniform water distribution under a wide range of conditions, with a controlled droplet size to match the crop.
The booms operate at low pressure (0.6 – 4 bar) and can apply from 25 to 60 cubic metres per hour.
- Uniform water application gives far more even crop growth compared to raingun systems.
- Using a Briggs boom can reduce water consumption by 20% compared with rainguns.
- High flow rates allow faster retraction enabling large areas to be covered in less time.
- Controlled droplet size reduces soil damage. Large droplets can be selected to reduce drift while fine droplets can be used to minimise damage to very delicate crops.
- Reduced impact from small droplets also reduces soil capping and soil erosion.
- Low pressure operation helps reduce pumping costs and puts less strain on the pipeline.